State and Federal Laws and RegulationsInformation Technology related State and Federal laws and regulations are listed below.
State of Texas Penal Code:
State of Texas Business and Commerce Code:
Texas SPAM Law
Texas Administrative Code:
Department of Information Resources
Information Security Standards
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Information
- U.S. Code, Title 17, Section 117 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Computer programs
- U.S. Code, Title 18, Section 1030 - The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- U.S. Code, Title 18, Section 2702 et seq. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- 18 U.S. Code 2319, Criminal Infringement of a Copyright
- 18 U.S. Code 2318, Trafficking in copies of computer programs, and copies of motion pictures or other audio visual works, etc.
- U.S. Code, Title 20, Section 1232g - The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Last Modified: August 6, 2012