Frequently Asked QuestionsIf you have a question that is not answered here, please contact us. To suggest a new question for this page, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I request a new network connection?
- How do I move a current network connection?
- My connection isn't working. How do I report the problem?
- Where can I access the campus network using a wireless connection?
- Can I set up temporary accounts for campus visitors?
- Why do we have a campus firewall?
- What firewall is used by TAMU?
- How do I find out the firewall configuration for a particular host?
- How do I request a new firewall exception?
- I live in a dorm. What ports can I have open through the firewall?
- What is NIM?
- How do I access NIM?
- How do I change my NIM password?
- When do changes in NIM show up in DNS?
- How do I create a group?
- Is there an easier way to modify information on a group of hosts?
- How do I change the alternate contact for a host?
- Can I have multiple IP addresses?
- Can I use IP masquerading (NAT)?
- Can I use a hub, switch or wireless access point in my dorm room?
- What ports are open to ResNet through the campus firewall?
- What activity on ResNet will get me into trouble?
- What happens if my machine causes a problem on the network?
- Can I give access to my friends off campus?
- Where do I get help with a ResNet related problem?
All Other Network Questions
- What do I do if someone else is using my IP address?
- How do I report a Computer/Network Security Issue?
Last Modified: October 18, 2011